Sunday, March 8, 2009

More time to barbeque, less time to sleep!


There is something about the sound of an alarm clock that makes you feel like you might be in trouble with the law - your heart beats faster, the room seems colder and you wish you could just stay in bed and make that alarm clock go away and leave you alone. Don't be so hard on your alarm clock, or Mr. Clampy for that matter, they are both just trying to keep you earning an honest days wage for an honest day of work, and that also means being on time to said employment situation. I know what you are thinking.......(Get real! Mr. Alarm clock is not your friend! He and that dratted Mr. Clampy can go play on the freeway with a pack of angry ostriches! Leave me alone Mr. Alarm Clock!.... LEAVE!....ME!..... ALONE!) If this is what you are thinking, then I suggest that you grab yourself a nice cup of decaffinated tea and turn in early on Sunday night. After all, it was Mr. Daylight Saving Time that has caused all of this civil unrest, unless of course, you are lucky enough to live in Arizona USA. That is where they send all of those stolen hours from the rest of the country and then tack them on to the summer. That is why it is so darned hot there, but, I am wandering from my point I was trying so hard to make......You may want to blame that sneaky Mr. Daylight Savings for your troubles and leave the innocent time enforcement officials out of this! Instead, I urge you to send a thank you card to Mr. Alarm Clock and Mr. Clampy! They are just trying to do their job.

4 comments:

Dinner, Again? said...

Hi, I appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I love your blog. On a crazy morning with kids, it took me away for a few minutes. I will definitely add you to my blog list. I have a lot more stuff to sell but I have been procrastinating with all the gloominess here in Beaverton. It was nice "meeting" you.

Wendy Christensen said...

LOL!!! I'm so glad I don't own a Mr. Clampy ... There is no way I'd sleep at night thinking of him grabbing me from my extra 2 minutes of priceless sleep!! Happy Monday!!

Holly said...

Hello. You left a comment on my blog today so thought I'd stop by and "meet" you. (I'm curious how you found me. Reading at random? I'm glad the laughing in church translated well. Wasn't sure if anyone else would get it. I enjoyed your little story also.) Your blog looks fun. I shall have to read on. Take care!

Valerie said...

Haven't been over in a while so I need to do some catchiig up. Hey if you haven't already come enter my giveaway. It'll be open until 2:00 p.m. (CST) tomorrow.