Thursday, March 4, 2010

Are we in the Twilight Zone? Could this be an episode of Iron Chef? You be the judge!

While we were flying back from LA, Mr. Slug said to me, "There's Some THING on the wing!" He was referring to that famous episode of the Twilight Zone where the future Captain Kirk of Star Trek is looking out the window and sees a hairy monster taking bites out of the wing, thus scaring him so bad he starts downing copious amounts of water along with handfulls of unbuffered asprin.
I asked my Mr. Slug, "Hey - do you remember the episode where the aliens had a book that said, "To serve man" and it turned out to be a cookbook? Mr. Slug said, "Yes, I remember that episode." I pondered this for a minute,  and replied, "I hope this plane is equipped with the necessary garnish, we will look much tastier that way."
Mr. Slug instinctively tightened his seatbelt around his tail just as the flight crew came by with the drinks tray. "Would you like a drink Sir?" asked the nice lady. "Yes, I would indeed." replied Mr. Slug.  "Could I get a bag of those sluggy snacks and an extra napkin too? The napkin is for my wife, for she seems to have a very active imagination today. She likes to draw on napkins."  The flight attendant looked at Mr. Slug with a twinkle in her eye as she took out a pepper shaker and began to sprinkle him liberally with the once expensive and rare spice. "There," she said, handing him a sprig of parsley, "you are now prepared for landing." (Cue the creepy Twilight Zone music  do da doo doo do da doo doo)

By the way, kids, this is what happens when a references are made about looking "Too Oregonian." You get served on your way back in to the state!

3 comments:

Karen Kaye said...

What a fun little blog you have here! Do you really draw on a napkin for Mr. Slug every day? For how long? What inspired you to start?

Why slugs? You're definitely going to make me thing twice next time I see one of the slimy little things on my walkway!

Owen said...

oh my, you reminded me of Hannibal Lecter who said he was having some friends for dinner...

As always, you put a new perspective on slug affairs in the world, always a pleasure.

And while we were on vacation in February, I've been meaning to tell you, we came across a giant cousin of yours on an Indian Ocean island, I was flabbergasted at how big he was. Am going to post a picture or two very soon for your viewing pleasure, will let you know when I do. These were armor plated slug cousins, they carry a big shell on their backs...

All the best to you and Mr Slug, hope your landing was smooth and no heavy bags fell out of the overhead compartments to cause any pepper covered slugs to be crushed or minced...
:-)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

They peppered you? Better than salt, I guess. It's a wonder they didn't douse you in butter too! Love the napkin by the way